In Marseille, the final conference of MADRE project.
PLEASE NOTE: MADRE FINAL EVENT LOCATION HAS CHANGED FROM SALON-DE-PROVENCE TO VILLA VALMER, IN MARSEILLE.
In Marseille, on June 1st, partners and stakeholders will gather for the final event of MADRE project. This will be the opportunity to present the outcomes and results of the 18 months of work, in order to implement solutions to foster urban and peri-urban agriculture at a Mediterranean level and to address challenges and issues preventing such practice to become commonplace.
Therefore, the tangible outputs presented will be:
- the online platform Agri-Madre, comprising good practices and several tools to favour networking;
- the Policy Paper and White Papers resulting from the Transnational Working Groups.
The event will include three key sessions:
- Roundtable on the challenges and interests of the creation of a Mediterranean network on metropolitan agriculture and food systems.
- Roundtable with the cities and metropolises involved in the development of sustainable metropolitan food systems, interested in a Mediterranean network.
- Signature of the Memorandum of Understanding for the creation of a Mediterranean network on metropolitan agriculture and food systems.
MADRE final conference is listed among the events of the European Sustainable Development Week, a European-wide initiative to stimulate and make visible activities, projects and events that promote sustainable development, which will take place from May 30th until June 5th.
Participation is open and free to all those who wish to join MADRE partners, upon subscription not later than May the 25th.